Please message us at our Facebook for download link!
PLEASE SEE THE README FILES FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DEMO CONTROLS
A plan showing which areas are present in Demo 3. Green can be explored. Yellow is visible but inaccessible.
- VR NOTES -
Works with HTC Vive and Oculus Touch.
Motion or touch controllers REQUIRED.
Teleportation only (for now).
Navigation can be touchy, take care and be careful and deliberate while teleporting.
Please see the README or controls documents for how to use the demo.
RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS FOR PC
The following is an approximation of what one might need to run the demo well, based on the developers' computers. This is not a strict guide for requirements. The demo may work with less.
Windows 7, 8, or 10 (May work on Vista or XP)
2Ghz to 4Ghz CPU or better
8GB to 16GB RAM or more
2GB or 4GB GPU or better
At least 5GB of free HD space for Demo 1, 10GB for Demo 2, or 15GB for Demo 3
Demo 3 VR requires an HTC Vive or Oculus Rift with Touch motion controller
Demo 3 VR requires the highest listed here or higher specs for best performance
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS for PC
- UnZIP the contents of the ZIP file to a directory of your choice, using a program like WinZIP or WinRAR if necessary.
- *Navigate to Titanic - Honor and Glory Demo (2 or 3)/Engine/Extras/redist/en-us and double click "UE4PrereqSetup_x86". Install UE4 PreReqs. You may be prompted to install this when running the demo for the first time if you have not already done this step.
- In the main "Titanic - Honor and Glory Demo (2 or 3)" directory, double click the "THGDemo" icon for Demo 1, the "THG_DEMO_2" icon for Demo 2, or the "THG_DEMO_3" icon for Demo 3 to start the demo. Create shortcuts to the executable if you wish.
- On the main menu, click "Start Demo" (or "Skip to Ship" for Demo 3) to begin. You may need to wait a few seconds for it to load.
*This ensures that your PC will have the proper files needed to run UE4, the engine the demo runs on
- DEMOS 1, 2 - VSync is enabled by default, but it greatly reduces frame rates and often caps them at 60fps or lower. You can disable VSync in the settings menus.
- DEMOS 1, 2, 3 - Right clicking on some info pages makes the mouse cursor disappear, thus making it impossible to navigate menus.
- DEMO 1 - Info boxes in-game may or may not fail to reappear after being disabled.
- DEMOS 1, 2, 3 - Text for "About the Project" and "Disclaimer" pages in-game may be cut off at the sides on monitors not using the 16:9 aspect ratio.
- DEMO 1 - Alt-Tabbing may make the mouse cursor disappear when on the main or pause menus.
- DEMO 3 - Clicking outside buttons on main menu after navigating from other menu pages may make the cursor disappear.
- DEMO 3 - Performance may be worse in this version. Try using the improved settings menu to improve it on slower machines.
VR - HTC VIVE / OCULUS RIFT TOUCH
Oculus Rift works with Demo 1, and to a limited extent in Demo 2, but is unsupported. Demo 3 VR is made to work with HTC Vive but can also with with Oculus Rift using a Touch controller. If you do use VR for Demos 1 and 2, beware of the following issues:
- Clipping through walls and doors.
- Scrambled menus, making it difficult to navigate them while using Oculus Rift.
- An inability to turn around when walking and using the WSAD keys. You may be able to solve this by using the arrow keys instead, with the left and right arrow keys being used to turn.
- Poor performance. Try lowering the settings or disabling VSync.
At this time we are unable to assist with any other troubleshooting or issues installing or loading the demo. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you would like to contribute please click the big button above. All contributions go directly into helping create the project dedicated to preserving the memory and legacy of those who were aboard the great ship and Titanic herself.