RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS FOR PC
The following is an approximation of what one might need to run the demo well, based on the developers' computers. This is not a strict guide for requirements. The demo may work with less.
Windows 7 or later (May work on Vista or XP)
2Ghz to 3Ghz CPU
8GB to 16GB RAM
2GB or 4GB GPU
At least 8GB of free HD space
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS for PC
- UnZIP the contents of the ZIP file to a directory of your choice, using a program like WinZIP or WinRAR if necessary.
- *Navigate to Titanic - Honor and Glory Demo (2)/Engine/Extras/redist/en-us and double click "UE4PrereqSetup_x86". Install UE4 PreReqs. You may be prompted to install this when running the demo for the first time if you have not already done this step.
- In the main "Titanic - Honor and Glory Demo" directory, double click the "THGDemo" icon for Demo 1 or the "THG_DEMO_2" icon for Demo 2 to start the demo. Create shortcuts to the executable if you wish.
- On the main menu, click "Start Demo" to load the demo level. You may need to wait a few seconds for it to load.
*This ensures that your PC will have the proper files needed to run UE4, the engine the demo runs on
- DEMOS 1 & 2 - VSync is enabled by default, but it greatly reduces frame rates and often caps them at 60fps or lower. You can disable VSync in the settings menus.
- DEMOS 1 & 2 - Right clicking on some info pages makes the mouse cursor disappear, thus making it impossible to navigate menus.
- DEMO 1 - Info boxes in-game may or may not fail to reappear after being disabled.
- DEMOS 1 & 2 - Text for "About the Project" and "Disclaimer" pages in-game may be cut off at the sides on monitors not using the 16:9 aspect ratio.
- DEMO 1 - Alt-Tabbing may make the mouse cursor disappear when on the main or pause menus.
OCULUS RIFT / VR
Oculus Rift works with Demo 1, but it does not appear to work with Demo 2. It is not officially supported in Demo 1, and we will look into VR compatibility for Demo 2 or future demos, and certainly for the final product. If you do use VR for Demo 1, beware of the following issues:
- Clipping through walls and doors.
- Scrambled menus, making it difficult to navigate them while using Oculus Rift.
- An inability to turn around when walking and using the WSAD keys. You may be able to solve this by using the arrow keys instead, with the left and right arrow keys being used to turn.
- Poor performance. Try lowering the settings or disabling VSync.
At this time we are unable to assist with any other troubleshooting or issues installing or loading the demo. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you would like to contribute please click the big button above. All contributions go directly into helping create the project dedicated to preserving the memory and legacy of those who were aboard the great ship and Titanic herself.